South Asia Tourism Infrastructure Development Project (SATIDP) for Bangladesh, India and Nepal – (Bangladesh Portion)
Description of Project:
The SATIDP umbrella project was intended to develop and improve infrastructure and services for key tourism and heritage sites in Bangladesh, India and Nepal. e.Gen was involved in the Bangladesh chapter of the assignment which contained preparation of Master Plan and Management Plan for selected heritage sites, establishment of operating procedures for management, detailed design, bid document preparation, construction supervision and contract monitoring support to Project Management and Implementation Unit (PMIU) of the Department of Archeology, Ministry of Cultural Affairs.
The following services were provided by e.Gen within the assignment:
- Reviewed detailed designs of the infrastructure and the EIA report of the project.
- Prepared contract packages and bid documents.
- Supervised and monitored construction works along with quality control activities.
- Prepared financial management and reporting system of the project.
- Currently developing innovative approaches for channeling in tourism revenues from the cultural heritage sites to O&M of the sites.
- Undertook institutional development and capacity building plans of DoA (Department of Archeology) and BPC (Bangladesh Parjatan Corporation) towards sustainable and effective management of tourism and heritage sites.
Social and Economic Development
Department of Archaeology, Ministry of Cultural Affairs, Bangladesh; Asian Development Bank (ADB)