Survey on English Language Testing Needs
Description of Project:
e-Gen was involved in the following activities:
- Country Basic Information – Total population, rural/urban and gender breakdown of population, literacy rates, GDP volume, GDP breakdown by sector, GDP growth rate, unemployment rates, per capita income, inflation, exchange rate, medium of instruction, etc.
- Total enrolment in academic institutions, public as well as private, (separately for pre-primary, primary, middle, high, college, university) for last three years.
- Total number of teachers (separately for pre-primary, primary, middle, high, college, university)
- List of academic Institutions and their Key Characteristics with major players (according to enrolment, ranking, etc.)
- Corporate Organizations and Key Characteristics with major players (based on turnover or employment – to be discussed) along with medium of communication.
- Competitor Landscaping and Analysis (with focus on competitor USPs)
- Market Enablers and Barriers in English Language Testing
Description of Services Provided
- Selected sample institutions for interviews split between academic institutions and corporate sector companies, public and private both, in Bangladesh.
- Shared the sample list with the Lead Firm for review and approval.
- Scheduled and lined up the interviews
- Conducted face-to-face interviews distributed among the capital city plus 2 additional cities in Bangladesh.
- Recorded interviews and transcribe major findings by question
- Submitted filled questionnaires typed in MSWORD format on a weekly basis
- Coordinated with the Lead Firm about the progress update
- Submitted report
Social and Economic Development, Education